Blockbuster Favors Facebook Users

Posted by Hubby & Wifey at 10:19 PM

Sunday, December 30, 2007


Ok, is anyone else fired up with Blockbuster over their preferential treatment of Facebook users?

This weekend I finally spent some time setting-up an account on Facebook. I was thrilled when I learned that they have a new Facebook widget called Movie Clique and that you can link it to your exisiting Blockbuster Online account.

What pissed me off was when I learned that they were offering THE SAME TYPE OF SUBSCRIPTION for a much lower rate to Facebook users! Talk about feeling as though I was just slapped in the face with a book from these corporate executives.

I'm paying $19.99/month and new subscribers through this Facebook application will only be charged a whopping $3.99/month.

I may be missing something, but even if it's only a special introductory offer for a few months it's still much cheaper than the one I was offered ($14.99 for the first 3 months).

I wonder why there's such a major difference between in-store customers and online customers who sign up for this subscription.

Who decides these things?

0 comments: