REVIEW: THE RUINS

Posted by Hubby & Wifey at 4:01 PM

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Next up on our Halloween 2008 horror-fest was The Ruins.

Based on
the terrifying bestseller by Scott Smith, The Ruins follows a group of friends who become entangled in a brutal struggle for survival after visiting a remote archaeological dig in the Mexican jungle - - where they discover something deadly living among the ruins.

What could it be? An ancient curse? A beastly monster? A group of ritualistic, cannibalistic tribesmen and women?

Actually, the truth is much more surprising!

Here's the trailer:



HUBBY'S REVIEW

Personally, I think it's far too easy to make a horror film these days especially if this is the type of junk that passes for "horror" on the big screen.

The writers and filmmakers come off as being simply lazy and uninspired to take on a work like this. I know it was based off of another original work, but how some studio thought that this was the story to make a film adaptation of is beyond me!

***SPOILER ALERT***

I'm not going to waste my time or energy writing a lengthy review so here goes. I hated this film.

Maybe it's the age of global warming nonsense that we're living it, but whatever it is I can tell you what this movie isn't - - it's not good!

Plants are the "monster" in this film? Seriously? Are you kidding me? I would've much rather preferred the good old "monster-that-lives-underground-below-the-pyramid" creature, but that's just me.

Sadly, it pains me to give this only .5
Ben & Jerry's ice cream out of 5. I believe that's a new, all-time low for us here at OMD!

0 comments: